Code of Conduct
- Hits: 3580
"Be excellent to each other."
Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Starbase Indy reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the membership and badge of any attendee not in compliance with this policy. Persons finding themselves in a situation where they feel their safety is at risk or who become aware of an attendee not in compliance with this policy should immediately locate the nearest member of security, or staff member, so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner.
Always wear your badge and hang onto it! Keep your badge visible so guards do not stop you. If you’re asked to show your badge, please do so. Badges are nontransferable. Your badge should not be shared among friends and family members or to others outside the hotel when you leave.
Costume Weapons Policy
No functional weapons are allowed at Starbase Indy.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by Masquerade officials and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons are subject to inspection by members of Masquerade staff.
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to Starbase Indy.
Starbase Indy is committed to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Convention participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the convention organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, etc.
• Sexual images in public spaces
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
• Harassing photography or recording
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events
• Inappropriate physical contact
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Actors and guests are people too; please don't harass them, and be respectful; especially, when they are away from their autograph table. Everyone deserves some down time.
Please be mindful of your personal belongings- the convention and its staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
If all of this is overly complicated, just remember Wheaton's Law.